Accepted .dri's Staff Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

dri

Jan 21, 2020
(I originally posted this on the Surf section of the forums.)

Country/Region: Washington, USA
Steam Name: .dri (I often change it, but will mostly revert back to dri or .dri)
SteamRep Link:
SteamRep » .dri | 76561198119702382 | STEAM_0:0:79718327
Discord: dri#0524

Do you have a mic: Yes
Do you speak English: Yes
Why do you play on Spectre servers over others?: There are a few reasons -
1. I mostly, if not always, play retakes, and Spectre has many retake servers that are quite active, so I often hop into there.
2. I get to improve myself through the large community that often has many people that are better than me, and I learn a few things from them such as angles.
3. The community is mostly relaxed and fun. Sure, many of us do try in these retake servers, but often I can find someone to mess around with, just talk to for fun, and just overall have a good time on the server.

How long have you been playing on Spectre?: Honestly, not sure. I think about a few months now, around 6 maybe?
Which game mode do you play the most?: Retakes/Executes.
Have you ever been an admin for any other community? If yes, where?: Yes - when younger, I used to mod a few small Minecraft Survival Servers, was a Helper (think of it as below Mod) for a Terraria Server, and was a Moderator for a few Fortnite Servers (I resigned/left since I no longer play)
How do you think you could help Spectre?: I definitely think I could help Spectre by being an overall friendly person, and due to most of my hours on CS:GO being on Spectre servers, I would definitely be able to help by being an active member to help out servers with toxic players, or just when no admins are on.
Are you in our Steam group?: Yes
Are you in our Discord server?: Yes
What is something you believe Spectre could improve on the most? Do you think you would be essential in doing?: The most, I'm not entirely sure. There are a few things of course, I'd like to add.
One, obviously, is toxic players. This is generally self explanatory and while I don't think I would be essential to helping the problem, if I was accepted, I surely would be able to play as large of a helping role as possible.
Two, spawns on maps. A few times I find myself going to the wrong bombsite simply because I'm facing the wrong way. This is a mild issue though, and I am aware that there is the giant letter that tells you where to go.
Three, grenades. Grenades are often random but sometimes very infuriating to deal with, especially on the CT side of certain maps like Inferno, due to the very easily holdable B-site with just a smoke to cover CT. Of course, this is written out of tilt, but maybe lean more towards giving CTs more nades than Ts, I often find that on CT I get few to no nades, but Ts often can get molotovs and smokes, game breaking for supposedly simulating a T side who just took a site. By balancing the nades more towards CT, retakes simply doesn't become a stat hunt on who is on T side the most.
Four, inventory $$ from typing 'guns'. This one isn't really so much a complaint, but is a possible thing to implement. The 'guns' menu has us telling how much money a person has to buy weapons supposedly, however this number I think doesn't really mean anything. A potential option is to give players grenades based on said money.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.